The wide array of species here in Tennessee is quite the blessing. But when wildlife get too close, they can cross over into the nuisance end of the spectrum. This fall and winter, be sure you know how to protect your home and business from nuisance wildlife tampering and infestations.
Continue below to learn which animals tend to be the top nuisances during this time of year, plus what you can do to prevent wildlife problems on your property.
Fall Season Nuisance Wildlife
In Tennessee, there are a few nuisance animals that you should be on the lookout for during the fall and winter months. Here are a few of the top ones:
1. Raccoons – These pesky little creatures can cause all sorts of problems, from raiding your trash cans to getting into your attic or chimney. Be sure to keep your trash cans securely covered and your home sealed up tight to prevent raccoons from becoming a nuisance.
2. Squirrels – These little rodents can be a real pain, especially if they get into your attic or eaves. Be sure to seal up any openings that squirrels or chipmunks could use to get into your home and consider using squirrel-proof bird feeders to keep them from raiding your bird seed.
3. Opossums – These marsupials are not known to be aggressive, but they can carry disease and their scavenging habits can make them a nuisance. Be sure to keep your trash cans securely covered and your home sealed up tight to prevent opossums from becoming a nuisance.
4. Snakes – While most snakes are not aggressive and are actually beneficial to the environment, there are a few species that can be dangerous. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the different types of snakes that live in your area and call a professional Nashville snake trapper if you encounter one that you’re not comfortable handling.
5. Bears – While black bears are not typically aggressive, they can be dangerous if they feel threatened. If you live in an area where bears are known to roam, be sure to take precautions such as keeping your garbage cans securely covered and avoiding areas where bears are known to congregate.
By taking a few simple precautions, you can avoid becoming a victim of nuisance animals this fall and winter. Be sure to keep an eye out for these and other nuisance animals and take steps to prevent them from becoming a problem in your home or yard.
Professional Nashville Wildlife Control is Here to Help
Wildlife damage and intrusions can be a serious problem for homeowners and businesses alike. Not only are animals an aesthetic nuisance, but they can also cause considerable structural damage as well. And if you’re unlucky enough to have a wild animal break into your home, you could be dealing with some serious health risks too. That’s where professional Nashville wildlife control services come in.
Wildlife control companies in Tennessee have the expertise and equipment necessary to safely remove unwanted animals from your property and prevent them from returning. They can also provide advice on how to best protect your home or business from future animal invasions. So, if you’re experiencing problems with wildlife, don’t hesitate to call a professional Nashville wildlife removal operator for help.
Are you dealing with nuisance wildlife in or around your Smoky Mountain property? If so, contact Smoky Wildlife Control at 615-610-0962 for TWRA licensed critter control services in Nashville, Tennessee, and its surrounding areas. We serve both residential and commercial clients with the most competitive prices around.